See also our Terms of Service
What is the Picaboo Yearbook Application?The Picaboo Yearbook Application is an online software application that allows users to build, purchase, and submit yearbooks for print production. It is supported by Skipple and the Picaboo Yearbooks website. As stated above, when we talk about these things together, we refer to them at the Picaboo Services.
What is Skipple?Skipple is a mobile app (supported by a website) that that allows yearbook teams to crowd source and curate photos from the student body. Skipple also allows users to add captions and “tag” photos with relevant information. Skipple is supported by a website, www.getskipple.com and the Picaboo Yearbook Application. As stated above, when we talk about these things together, we refer to them at the Picaboo Services.
Who are the PYB Services Intended For?The Picaboo Yearbook Application is intended for use by schools and organizations that want to create a yearbook. Skipple is intended for use by High School and College/University students and, in particular, yearbook teams at those organizations. In the younger-age schools, such as elementary schools, Skipple is intended for use by teachers and parents to collect photos and upload them in the the Picaboo Yearbook Application.
What Personal Information Do We Collect through Picaboo Services?Users of the Picaboo Services may submit the following Personal Information. We use the definition of Personal Information contained in the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
- First and Last Name
- School Name
- Birthdate (used to determine if under 13).
- Email Address
- Nickname (optional)
- About me (list of school activities, optional)
- Photographs (optional)
This Personal Information is securely maintained by Picaboo. Access is provided to the user, other Picaboo Services users within the school’s or organization’s network, and to the extent the user gives Picaboo permission, customer service representatives at Picaboo. The user may access and edit or delete their information at any time.
What Additional Information Do We Collect?We may automatically collect certain information when you use a PYB Service, such as your location/GPS coordinates (if you enable this feature), a device identifier (but not the UDID), MAC address, Internet Protocol (IP) address (if using a browser), operating system, the browser type, the address of a referring site and your activity on a PYB Service. You can enable or disable location services when you use a PYB Service at anytime, through your mobile device settings. This information is not treated as personal information unless we combine it with or link it to any of the personally identifiable information mentioned above.
We may also automatically collect certain information through the use of "cookies”. These are small files that your browser places on your computer. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to better understand how you interact with our services, to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic routing on our services, and to improve our services. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?We use the information collected through a PYB Service for the purposes described below:
- to provide our services or information you request, and to process and complete any transactions;
- to respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests, and complaints and provide customer service;
- to monitor and analyze usage and trends, and to personalize and improve the service and your experiences when you use a PYB Service, such as providing content or features that match your profile or interests, and to increase the functionality and user friendliness of our services;
- to send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, our services;
- to find the email and mailing addresses of your friends (when instructed by you); and
- for any other purpose for which the information was collected.
What Information Do We Share With Third Parties?We will not share the personal information we have collected from you, except as described below:
- with certain social networking services, if you allow such sharing through our services (such as Facebook);
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants or court orders;
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets.
We are not responsible for the actions of service providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties.
What Steps Do We Take To Protect Your Information Online?We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
Accessing and Modifying Your InformationIf you have an account, you can access and modify the personal information you provided us that is associated with your account. You may "opt out" of receiving marketing or promotional emails from us by changing your account preferences or by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out of these messages, you will still receive emails from us about your account, our services and other pertinent information related to our services. These communications are considered part of the service and your account, which you cannot opt-out from receiving.
Please contact a customer service representative to deactivate you account associated with the PYB Services. If you want to delete your information in addition to deactivating your account, please contact us with a request that we delete your account and information. We will take steps to delete your information as soon as is practicable, but some information may remain in archived/backup copies for our records and as otherwise required by law.
Our Policy Toward ChildrenPursuant to COPPA, we define Children as individuals under 13 years of age. While the PYB Services are is not intended for use by Children, it is possible that they will access and use the PYB Services. As such, if a school or organization that has students or individuals under 13 wants to use the PYB Services (such as Skipple and the Yearbook Application), we require that the school or organization obtain parental consent for each student that desires to use the PYB Services. Picaboo has a form available for to obtain that consent. Picaboo also requires that the school or organization sign a Picaboo Publication Agreement before using the PYB Services with students or individuals under 13. Contact Picaboo to review the Agreement. As an alternative to Parental Consent and an Agreement, a school or organization could prohibit students under 13 from accessing the PYB Services.
Effective: April 1, 2015